Machine Learning and Data Mining
Università degli studi di Pisa
Coordinator (2015 - today)
Università degli studi di Firenze
Past Coordinator (2012-2014)
Nicola Di Mauro
Università degli studi di Bari
Past Coordinator (2012-2014)
Ambito e Obiettivi
The MLDM Group is a working group of the Associazione Italiana per l'Intelligenza Artificiale (AIxIA) whose general goal is to promote Italian scientific activities in the field of machine learning and data mining, and foster collaborations between research groups and industrial companies.
The topics of interest cover all theoretical aspects of machine learning and data mining, including the areas of deep learning, pattern recognition, and knowledge discovery and their application to significant and interdisciplinary real world problems.
- Since 2012 the MLDM working group organizes every year the MLDM.it workshop within the international conference of the International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AIxIA): see the "Workshops" list below.
- Morever, the site provides a “map” of the ML&DM groups in Italy (contributing to reduce the fragmentations of Italian groups ). See the "Partecipating Groups" section below.
Your reaserch group can JOIN the MLDM working group (please, write an email to the MLDM coordinator).
- Connections with other associations for ML&DM are open and welcome: please, contact the coordinator.
Iniziative ed Eventi
The group annually organizes the Italian Workshop on Machine Learning and Data Mining (MLDM.it) witin the AIxIA conference.
- The first workshop () was in Rome, June 14-15, 2012.
- The second edition () was in Turin, December 6th, 2013.
The third edition () was in Pisa, 10 -11 December 2014.
- The fourth edition was in Ferrara, 22 Septmber 2015, see
- The 5-th edition was in Genova, 28-29 November 2016, see
- The 6-th edition was in Bari, MLDM 2017
- The 7-th edition was in Trento, 20-23 November 2018, see
- The 8-th edition was in Cosenza, 18-19 November 2019, see
- The 9-th edition was "anywhere", November 25th-27th, 2020, see
- The 10-th edition was "on-line", November 29th-30th, 2021, see
- The 11-th edition was in Udine, November 28th-29th, 2022, see MLDM2022
Membri e Affiliati
(Ordered by contact person)
- Davide Anguita, SmartLab (DIBRIS - Univ. di Genova)
- Nicolò Cesa-Bianchi, Learning Theory (Univ. di Milano)
- Claudio Gentile, home page (DISTA, Univ. dell'Insubria, Varese)
- Giuseppe Manco, ADALab (ICAR- CNR)
- Andrea Passerini, SML (Univ. Trento)
- Marcello Pelillo, European Centre for Living Technology (Univ. Venezia)
- Massimiliano Pontil, Computational Statistics and Machine Learning (Instituto Italiano di Tecnologia)
- Lorenzo Rosasco, Laboratory for Computational and Statistical Learning - LCSL (Univ. Genova & MIT & IIT)
- Marcello Sanguineti, home page (DIBRIS, Univ. Genova)
- Claudio Sartori, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Group (Univ. Bologna)
- Alessandro Sperduti, home page (Univ. Padova)
- Aurelio Uncini, Intelligent Signal Processing and Multimedia Lab - ISPAMM (Univ. Roma1)
- Giorgio Valentini, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics - AnacletoLab (Computer Science Dept. UNIMI)
- Marco Zaffalon, IPG (IDSIA)
- Franco Angiuli, Algoritmi Efficienti per l'Analisi Intelligente dei Dati (Univ. Calabria)
- Giuliano Armano, IASC (Univ. Cagliari)
- Roberto Basili, Semantic Analytics Group (Univ. Roma)
- Morco Botta and Carlo D'Amborsio, ADAS and Energy Management
- Stefano Cagnoni, IBIS Lab (Univ. Parma)
- Gianpaolo Coro, NeMIS (CNR)
- Rita Cucchiara, Imagelab (Univ. Modena e Reggio Emilia)
- Giovanni De Gasperis, Ingegneria Cognitiva (Univ. l'Aquila)
- Orlando De Pietro, GRIAD (Univ. Calabria)
- Mauro Draoli, Laboratorio di sperimentazione DigitPA
- Stefano Ferilli, Machine Learning, (Univ. Bari)
- Paolo Frasconi, Machine learning and neural networks (Univ. Firenze)
- Salvatore Gaglio, Laboratorio di Intelligenza Artificiale (Univ. Palermo)
- Alfonso Gerevini, Automated Planning and Reasoning (Univ. Brescia)
- Giuseppina Gini, VEGA (Univ. Milano)
- Marco Gori, AIRgroup (Univ. Siena)
- Matteo Grella, Parsit Research
- Donato Malerba, KDDE@LACAM (Univ. Bari)
- Alessandro Micarelli, AI@Roma3, (Univ. Roma Tre)
- Alessio Micheli, CIML (Univ. Pisa)
- Alessandro Moschitti, iKernels (Univ. Trento)
- Giuseppe Nicosia, ML@UNICT, (Univ. Catania)
- Alfredo Petrosino, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (Univ. Napoli)
- Francesco Ricci, Database and Information Systems (Univ. Bolzano)
- Fabrizio Riguzzi, ML@Unife (Univ. Ferrara)
- Fabio Roli, PRAG (Univ. Cagliari)
- Giancarlo Ruffo, ARCS (Univ. Torino)
- Lorenza Saitta, Apprendimento Automatico (Univ. Piemonte Orientale)
- Claudio Sartori, DMKD-BO (Univ. Bologna)
- Giovanni Semeraro, SWAP, (Univ. Bari)
- Franco Turini, KDDLAB (Univ. Pisa)
- Luca Zanni, Ottimizzazione Numerica per l'Apprendimento Statistico (Univ. Modena e Reggio Emilia)